March’s Instagrams of the Month

Chae Kim '19, Staff Writer

This month’s featured Instagrammers are Olivia Mack (freshman), Anamaria Marijic Buljubasic (sophomore), Elle Lavin (junior), and Naomi Smith (senior). In order to get a better understanding of how they use Instagram and maintain a good flow (which we all truly aspire to achieve), I asked them the following questions:

FRESHMAN: Olivia Mack (@oamack_)

How do you like to edit your photos? I use VSCO, my favorite filter is C1.

Do you like vertical or horizontal photos: I like both horizontal and vertical photos. I have no preference.

How do you keep a good flow? I keep a good flow by taking nice, quality pictures and using the same filter.

Who is your favorite person to follow?: I don’t have a favorite account to follow. I love to follow all my friends as it helps me stay connected with friends I don’t go to school with anymore or have moved out of state.

How often are you on Instagram?: I usually check Instagram once or twice a day.

How often do you post on Instagram?: I post once a week usually.

Olivia’s Feed

Courtesy of Instagram

Olivia’s Favorite Photo

Courtesy of Instagram

SOPHOMORE: Anamaria Marijic-Buljubasic (@anamariamabu)

How do you like to edit your photos?: I use VSCO and normally use the C1 filter. I like to brighten and saturate my photos. If I don’t like the color of my photo, I use the black and white filter.

Do you like vertical or horizontal photos: I like vertical photos, but I switch between the two.

How do you keep a good feed? I just post anything that I feel like posting in the moment.

Who is your favorite person to follow?: @klonmag_

How often are you on Instagram?: I go on it not too often, maybe a couple times a day.

How often do you post on Instagram?: I post, at most, once a week.

Anamaria’s Feed

Courtesy of Instagram

Anamaria’s Favorite Photo

Courtesy of Instagram

JUNIOR: Elle Lavin (@ellelavin)

How do you like to edit your photos?: Like most people, I use VSCO to edit my pictures (A6 is my favorite filter)!

Do you like vertical or horizontal photos?: I typically crop my photos so that they’re perfectly square but I find myself gravitating more towards horizontal pictures.

How do you keep a good flow?: I usually pick a color scheme to stick by (pink, blue, etc…), but now I’m starting to post whatever I look and felt happiest in because most of the time, it’s exhausting to make my photos look cohesive.

Who is your favorite person to follow?: @arthoecollective (or @carolina.louloue to be honest)

How often are you on Instagram?: More often than I’d like to admit.

How often do you post on Instagram?: I post, like, once a month now. Twice, if I’m feeling adventurous.

Elle’s Feed

Courtesy of Instagram

Elle’s Favorite Photo

Courtesy of Instagram

SENIOR: Naomi Smith (@naemoneyyy)

How do you like to edit your photos?: I am really into the black and white theme right now. I use B1 and B5 on VSCO.

Do you like vertical or horizontal photos?: I don’t have a preference when it comes to vertical or horizontal pictures.

How do you keep a good flow? I think the black and white theme helps me maintain a good flow.

Who is your favorite person to follow?: My favorite person to follow is @kyliejenner

How often are you on Instagram?: Collectively, about 20-40 mins a day

How often do you post on Instagram?: I post every week or every other week.

Naomi’s Feed

Courtesy of Instagram

Naomi’s Favorite Photo

Courtesy of Instagram