“Witch” Costume Should You Wear This Scarymount?

A poll conducted by Elle Lavin 18 shows Marymounts most popular Halloween costume ideas this October.

A poll conducted by Elle Lavin ’18 shows Marymount’s most popular Halloween costume ideas this October.

Elle Raine Lavin '18, Staff Writer

Halloween is finally making its spooky return once again, and the holiday is coming back with a bang! On October 8, everyone’s favorite thriller, “American Horror Story,” made it’s fourth debut with “American Horror Story: Freak Show,” this time featuring a bearded lady, conjoined sisters, a lobster boy, and everyone’s favorite: clowns! Adventure parks have at last brought back horror nights, fright fests, haunted hayrides, and scary farms. Additionally, pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin patches, and even the pumpkin aroma in Ms. Muller’s classroom have returned! But, despite all of these great events that are associated with Halloween, there is one main aspect of the holiday that has students truly screaming for help: costumes! Finding the perfect costume for you may seem stressful, but with these tips, you’ll have one in no time:

• If you don’t feel like going to a costume party alone and don’t know what to wear, gather a group of friends and organize a theme for your costumes.
  • Be creative and use supplies and clothing already in your possession! Use your imagination! You don’t need to buy a costume to look great.
  • Always be on the lookout for great ideas. You never know when a costume idea will come to you!
  • Go outside your comfort zone! Be someone or something you’ve never had the courage to be or want to be.
  • Be proud of whatever costume you end up wearing. If you appreciate your costume, others will too.

Halloween is not only a time for pumpkin everything and scary whatnots, but it’s also a time to have fun with your friends and adventure outside your comfort zone. Have a very spine-tingling, hair-raising, and spooky Halloween!