An Enchanted and Timeless Event

Lexie Freund '17, Staff Writer

As many of the students and faculty at Marymount may already know, Ms. Zamora is engaged. Leave it to her to plan an elegant, unique wedding with some rustic accents — she is designing this stunning May 9, 2015 event herself.

Ms. Zamora knew her fiancé in college at Loyola Marymount University; they were good friends throughout their careers in school. After graduating, however, they lost touch for about six years. Later, on her thirtieth birthday, Ms. Zamora’s fiancé called her saying he wanted to get together. After two years of dating, they got engaged on January 17, 2014. They decided to have a longer engagement in order to plan this special occasion.

Courtesy Ms. Zamora 2

Screen Shot 2014-10-11 at 8.59.01 PM
Courtesy Ally DuBois

Courtesy Ms. Zamora

The wedding is going to be on a farm to give a rustic backdrop. There will be a lounge area with charming vintage furniture. The color scheme will be mint -Ms. Zamora’s favorite color- and burnt orange – the favorite color of her fiance. Ms. Zamora has invited the English department from Marymount, but wishes that there was more space so that she could have invited all the teachers. Her dress is vintage and lacey, and cost only 49 dollars! Ms. Zamora is thrilled to be wearing this undoubtedly beautiful wedding dress this spring. After the wedding, the couple is planning to go on a honeymoon in the summer. They have not set their plans yet, but are expecting to travel to London, Paris, and Rome or New Zealand. Congratulations Ms. Zamora!