’Tis the Season to Wear Blazers

Jillian Neuner '19, Staff Writer

Screen Shot 2015-12-12 at 1.22.18 PMWith the fall weather finally arriving in Southern California, “Blazer Season” has begun. Now, as we arrive back to school each Monday morning, we see our classmates strolling along in their gray skirts, white polos, black tights, navy blue blazers, and shiny penny loafers. So, how does the Marymount community feel about the seasonal change of uniform? Surely, opinions have emerged, as there has been much talk about “Blazer Season.” Freshmen Sailors, Mary McGeagh ’19 and Noel Ermer ’19, have kindly shared their thoughts on “Blazer Season,” and it looks like they’re both in consensus when they say that it’s “great!”

“So far, ‘Blazer Season’ has not been too bad for me,” McGeagh shares. “I thought that I would hate wearing blazers and tights to school, but it hasn’t bothered me yet. It has also been cold lately, so the tights help.”

As Mary said, the decreasing temperature and frequent wind makes for a gloomy day filled with shivers and goose bumps. Fortunately, the heavy blazers and tights form a handy protection from the recent chilly weather.

“I really love ‘Blazer Season.’ The blazers and tights not only warm me up, but I love that the whole school wears them. We all look so proper walking around in our blazers and tights every Monday,” Ermer adds.

Noel is correct: formal dress certainly unites all of Marymount into a well-dressed community.

So, next time you routinely put on your tights and grab your blazer, remember Mary and Noel’s words. Without tights and blazers, we wouldn’t stay cozy, and we would not look so prim and proper on Mondays.

Rejoice; ’tis the season to wear blazers!