March Issue: Ask Susie the Sailor

Susie the Sailor, Staff Writer

Hi Marymount! I’m Susie the Sailor and I’m back answering your anonymous questions and providing advice.

Question #1: How do you end a friendship that has been lingering on and off?

The best solution is to talk it out! By having such an important dialogue, your friendship may be salvaged. If it isn’t, however, and you want to end the relationship, then in your conversation, try to compromise and reach an agreement. Decide to end it in a way that doesn’t hurt either of you. Just remember, it’s not your fault if a friendship doesn’t work out – it’s just not meant to be. Good luck!

Question #2: How do you get your best guy friend to fall in love with you?

First, consider the consequences of dating your best guy friend. If you are truly prepared for any result, go for it! My advice for you is to BE YOURSELF. Yes, it’s cliché, but it’s the best advice I can give. Something about you attracted him to be your friend (and more, hopefully), and in the same way, something about you can attract him to be more than just a friend. You are wonderful, intelligent, and beautiful… he’ll be lucky to have you!

Question #3: How do you appreciate and be friendly with your teachers without being a kiss-up?

Teachers work day and night for our benefit – of course they deserve some love! It’s never bad to thank them after class or show your appreciation during class through your cooperation and hard work. I’m not a teacher, but I do know that they love to see our progress in their classes and how well their efforts pay off. While the line between kiss-up and gracious student is fine; as long as you don’t overdo the love, you’ll be fine!

Yours truly,

Susie the Sailor