Winter Concert Sneak Peek

Courtesy of Chae Kim '19

Courtesy of Chae Kim '19

Courtesy of Chae Kim '19

Chae Kim ’19, Staff Writer

Every year, Marymount celebrates the winter season with a lively concert featuring the orchestra, choir, acting, and dance ensembles. During the annual Winter Concert, parents, faculty, and friends are invited to embrace the holiday spirit while enjoying marvelous performances from our very own Marymount students. The month of December is a hectic month for performing artists, who are working diligently to master their pieces, parts, and dances. Here is a quick sneak peek of what the students are up to!

Orchestra has been working hard to polish up their Winter Concert pieces. This year, they are performing “And The Glory” by George Frederich Handel, “Flower Duet from Lakmé” by Leo Delibes, and “Sleigh Ride” by Leroy Anderson, which will be a collaborative piece together with choir and dance. Did you know that they are even performing “Stranger Zombie Things,” arranged by our very own Dr. Billington?

Courtesy of Chae Kim ’19

Choir and the High C’s a cappella group have been working around the clock to tune up those notes and memorize their parts for the Winter Concert. This year, they are performing the following pieces: “Lo, How a Rose E’re Blooming” by Michael Praetorius, “Hark, the Herald Angels Sing” by Felix Mendelssohn arr. David Willcocks, “The First Noel” by Dan Forrest, “Laudate Pueri Dominum” by Felix Mendelssohn, and many more! I can’t wait to see them rock those black dresses and wow the entire audience with their harmonic voices!

Courtesy of Chae Kim ’19

Dance I, Honors Dance, and CAP dance are also practicing their choreography for the upcoming Winter Concert. Ms. Carson hinted at an exciting hip hop dance to a Dr. Seuss favorite, “Trim Up the Tree,” as well as a ballet quintet to “Hark! The Herald Angels Sing,” and another dance to a song from everyone’s favorite Disney Movie, Frozen. Most of these dances have been choreographed by Ms. Carson’s very own talented dance students! Get ready to feast your eyes on a number of delectable dances this year, including a solo to “Mary Did You Know,” performed by Alejandra DuBose ’18.

With so many amazing holiday performances in the works, I can hardly wait for December 13th! See you there!

Courtesy of Chae Kim ’19

Courtesy of Chae Kim ’19