How to Do Halloween Right

Courtesy of Brooke Pierpoint '20 and Stephanie Sowa '20

This article will give you the best tips and guides to have the greatest Halloween ever!

If you are stumped for ideas, here are some great places to go trick-or-treating:

1. Haunted Hempstead in Agoura Hills. The houses are decorated lavishly, they give out great candy and it is very festive. People from all over come here for Halloween, so if you decide to go, just know, all of the parking spots will be taken.
  2. Another great place to go is Piedra Morada Drive in the Palisades. It also has great candy choices and some haunted houses.
  3. Also, Hollywood Horror Nights is a fun attraction for all ages from Thursday to Sunday from 7 pm to 2 am.
  4. You can trick-or-treat around your neighborhood as well. That way, as soon as you’re finished, you can rush home and start binge eating that candy!

In order to experience the best possible Halloween, you need to have a fun costume. There are many spirited costumes, but here are just a few to give you some help on deciding which one.

Of course, on Halloween, you want to coordinate your costumes with your friends, but sometimes you have no ideas! No fear, we are here to help.

1. Candy groups. You and your friends could be anything from M&M’s to Starburst. All of you will be festive and colorful, and we assure you you’ll taste the rainbow!
  2. Social Media: Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube.
  3. Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.
  4. Spongebob and Patrick.

You and your friends can go as groups from movies, TV shows, books, and even food. www.pinterest.com is a great website for costume inspiration.

If you want to go solo this year, try these:

1. Bloody doctor.
  2. Red solo cup.
  3. Any animal.
  4. Sweet Angel.
  5. Gumball machine.

When it comes to costumes, there are many available options when riding solo. Don’t be afraid to be unique and stand out!

You can buy parts of your costumes at thrift stores, Amazon, Michael’s Craft Store, Ursula’s Costume Store, Rite Aid, or Target. You can also buy sets off of many websites and stores such as Party City.

Want to make your Halloween party the greatest? Here are some creative yet easy designs to make your party stand out:

1. Black, white, and orange candies in a nice vase can set the mood for a fun evening.
  2. Black and orange balloons
  3. You can paint pumpkins white, or any color of your choice and then paint whatever you want on them.
  4. Take black cups and put googly eyes on them. Then pour your favorite drink in and enjoy! (Also try dry ice for a spooky effect.)
  5. Halloween colored plates, napkins and silverware
  6. You can go on Amazon and order fake empty blood bags and fill them with whatever drink you desire.

Halloween is all about having the right snacks and treats. Especially because here at Marymount, we all LOVE to eat! Here are some yummy Halloween recipes to bring your party to life:

1. Creepy Cupcakes: Chocolate cupcakes with white frosting and black sprinkles as eyes!
  2. Spooky Strawberries: Dip strawberries in white chocolate then use chocolate chips as eyes!
  3. Rice Krispies: With some purple or orange food dye and an eye in the middle!

All of these great recipes were on Pinterest; just search Halloween recipes and you will find all of this!

Hopefully, with these tips and tricks, you should be on your way to having an unforgettable Halloween!