Beach Reads

Lucy Davidov '20, Staff Writer

As summer approaches, we are looking forward to lazy days spent on the sand. But what will you do while laying in the sun? My answer: READ! A great way to pass time and relax. Below is a list of some turbulent plots to get lost in while you enjoy the ocean breeze.

Saving Wishes by GJ Walker-Smith

This coming of age fiction novel covers romance, young love, and has a plot that is impossible to put down! A total of five books accompany this one and all will keep you reading all summer. If you’re a sucker for a great love story, Saving Wishes is the book for you!

Courtesy of Amazon

Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas

This thrilling novel will capture you right from the start. As a group of seniors set off to Aruba for their last spring break together, Elise, the narrator’s best friend, is unexpectedly killed. The novel covers the narrator Anna’s experience, focusing on the accusations she receives and the revelations she comes face to face with. Who really killed Elise? Read Dangerous Girls to find out.

Courtesy of Amazon

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

This crazy novel tells of an insane story with twists and turns at every chapter. We Were Liars follows the story of a seventeen-year-old girl named Cadence, the narrator, who has had an accident but can’t remember why. It continues with her returning to Beechwood island for the summer as she is slowly revealed the real truth of what happened and how her accident played out. Lockhart has an excellent voice and is able to craft an engaging and thrilling story.

Courtesy of Good Reads

The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas

This amazing novel covers the story of Starr, the protagonist, who is drawn to activism after witnessing the death of her unarmed friend by a police officer. Covering themes of racism, bravery, and coming to terms with the past, The Hate U Give will open your eyes and make you see the world from a different perspective. DEFINITELY one to consider reading.

Courtesy of Amazon