Father Daughter Dance 2016

Photos by Genna Whittell '17

Jillian Neuner '19, Marymount News Editor

Marymount’s annual Father Daughter Dance was held on Saturday, November 12 – proving to be a memorable night, filled with dancing, singing, and laughing! This event marks the final dance for seniors, while signifying the beginning for freshmen. The class of 2020 was introduced to Marymount girls’ energetic spirits and loving bonds they share with their dads. Freshman Gabriela Holian recalls the dance expressing, “It was really fun. My favorite parts were the dance competition and the ice cream bar. Dancing with my dad was special, and it was a memorable experience!” Gabriela’s fresh view on her first dance points out the importance and thrill of the dance contest. Every girl competed for the final three spots in their class in order to dance in the “final round.” Dance competition winner, Caroline Hawley ‘19, attributes much of her success to her, “[teaching her] dad to ‘whip’ and ‘dab,’ along with many other moves.” Before the dance, Caroline and her dad strategized their routine in order to win the medal, which proved a great technique for claiming the title of “Best Father-Daughter Dancers.” Caroline thinks, “[her] winning move was the worm and when [her dad] picked [her] up!” Clearly, the intense dance competition created many fun-loving memories between the fathers and their daughters!

Christine Gemperle ‘17 loved her last father-daughter dance and recalls many vivid memories of her past three dances throughout her high school years. She explains, “My favorite memory was me dancing with my dad and my sister, [Charlotte], since she’s a year younger.” Christine also explains that this year, “although [she and her father] were eliminated, it was so fun to go all out with [her] dad in the dance competition!” Christine recognizes the importance of the much-anticipated dance competition, and in order to win, the competitors must “go all out” with their dance moves.

Overall, Marymount’s Father-Daughter dance was a huge success – successful in creating memories and successful in further bonding fathers with their daughters. The intense dance competition along with every student’s desire to win created an atmosphere of playful competition and hilarious memories. Next year be sure to stop by the Father-Daughter Dance for entertainment, amusement, and dancing, of course!