Father-Daughter BBQ

Stephanie Sowa '21, Athletics Section Editor

If you were to ask a Marymount father about the annual BBQ event, he would definitely light up and share some memories of this special day. Each spring, the Father’s Club invites all the Marymount dads to attend lunch with their daughters and to celebrate the final months of the school year. The “oldies music” can be heard blasting in the background, causing the fathers to dance while their daughters blush. The dads provide the community with mouthwatering food all while inciting incredible conversations. Additionally, Senior Lawn is filled with tables of father-daughter duos who begin forging new friendships with new faces and reconnect with those they haven’t seen in a while. As per usual, daughters guide their fathers around campus and highlight the areas of Marymount that are not always noticeable to them when they visit the campus for parent-related events. The fathers always have looks of pride on their faces as they watch their daughters interact and flourish within the Marymount community.

The beloved seniors show off their exuberant school pride, but this time, for a new school; the class of 2019 will begin a new chapter of their lives as they enroll into their dream colleges for the 2019-2020 year. Due to this achievement, father-daughter pairs dress up in sweatshirts, t-shirts, and hats so they could make it known to the Marymount community as to where everyone plans to attend college. As always, this is a bittersweet moment as everyone admires each senior’s diligence and hard work, all while thinking about how different the campus will be without them next year. A huge thank you to the Father’s Club and to the amazing senior class who, once again, pulled off another memorable Father-Daughter BBQ.