Library 2.0

Back to Article
Back to Article

Library 2.0

Courtesy of Sadie McMillan ‘18

Courtesy of Sadie McMillan ‘18

Courtesy of Sadie McMillan ‘18

Courtesy of Sadie McMillan ‘18

Sadie McMillan ‘18, Staff Writer

Natural lighting, an array of books, seating so comfortable you just don’t want to stop studying. After waiting almost a year, Marymount’s modern and updated library is finally completed, taking on the new name of the Digital Resource Center.

From new lounge chairs to a high-tech engineering and design space, everything you ever wanted while studying is now at your fingertips. The natural light will keep one alert, awake, and ready to tackle the day, while the colorful style of the room inspires students to utilize the new and immense resources provided to them by the library.

But do the pros outweigh the cons?

Courtesy of Sadie McMillan ‘18

After speaking with senior Sydney Collyns, she wishes the study rooms were equipped with white boards so girls could study more effectively. That way, students could create outlines or practice math problems together on the boards, without wasting paper. After speaking with others, many felt that the rooms are not as soundproof as they would like, preventing them from focusing on their work.

Courtesy of Sadie McMillan ‘18

However, despite the few drawbacks, the Marymount student body is overall very pleased with the library and all of the renovations, serving as a place for students to go and successfully focus on their homework. Girls no longer have to sit on the floors of Butler or use a teacher’s classroom to study; instead, they can peacefully sit at the upscale desks of the library with printers readily available for everyone to use. Creativity, innovation, and research are now accessible for the sailors, exemplifying Marymount’s RSHM Mission, that all may have life and have it to the full.