Letter from a Senior: Stephanie Sowa

You+truly+make+your+best+friends+for+life+at+Marymount.+Appreciate+them%21+Courtesy+of+Stephanie+Sowa+%E2%80%9821+

You truly make your best friends for life at Marymount. Appreciate them! Courtesy of Stephanie Sowa ‘21

Stephanie Sowa '21, Staff Writer & Section Editor

Dear Marymount,

These past four years have gone by so incredibly fast, just like everyone said they would. I half-heartedly believed it at the time, but it’s shocking that the Class of 2021 will be graduating in 2 months. I’m incredibly grateful for the Marymount community, especially amidst this pandemic that has greatly affected everyone. I will truly miss lounging in the courtyards with my friends, laughing and learning with my teachers, absolutely immersing myself in pink during spirit week, communities in Cantwell, meeting new people at club meetings, playing tennis with my team, and so much more. Even the penny loafers!

In my opinion, one of the most important aspects of a Marymount student is their commitment to service. Whether that’s helping a friend through a difficult time or volunteering at A Place Called Home, Marymount girls support others. As our community is grounded in faith, we are able to give back to those in need and leave a positive impact on the world. Have conversations about social justice, utilize resources to educate yourself, and give your time to causes that speak to your heart so that we can build up communities.

As a senior, my advice would be to really take advantage of all the opportunities Marymount presents you. Sign up for that club. Tryout for that sports team. Take a challenging class. Meet with a Writing Tutor. Make time to hang out with your friends. Study, but also take care of yourself. Self-care is crucial! Ask your teachers for help… it may sound obvious, but teachers love meeting with students and helping them process the material. Sometimes it’s difficult, but try your best to be in the present moment and appreciate your time as a sailor. And most importantly, be yourself and find people who appreciate you.

My favorite part about Marymount is the people I’ve met. I formed relationships with some of the best human beings to ever grace the earth: teachers, administration, staff, and students. My best friends and I have so many memories hanging out at the beach, dancing to our playlists, engaging in deep conversations while hiking, watching sunsets, bonding over movies and books, and much more. And I know they will be in my life forever. Although I adore my younger brother, it’s amazing to have several sisters. Marymount will be our forever home. I cannot wait to see where our next journey takes us!

Love,
Stephanie