Get PROM Ready!

Courtesy of Absolutely Balloony

Courtesy of Absolutely Balloony

Mary McGeagh ‘20, Staff Writer

As the school year comes to a close, we cannot ignore the main event of the social calendar – PROM! For most students, Prom is either an opportunity to spend one last night with your friends or to ask that special someone to be your date; however, I view Prom as a unique opportunity to choose the perfect ensemble and stand out in the crowd! The search for the perfect dress or outfit can often be a bigger headache than studying for those wretched AP tests. You may finally track down the dress of your dreams only to discover your size is unavailable or that that the price-tag deems it completely unattainable. In order to provide you with some guidance on this journey, I have rounded up some of my favorite shops, (both expensive and inexpensive), to find you that truly head-turning dress.

1. WindsorWindsor is an online boutique with one of the biggest selections of dresses in town for every body type. The prices lie within the $100 range, and the reviews showcase nothing but satisfaction from previous customers.
  2. Lulus Lulus is another online boutique with a myriad of on-trend styles. The selection is not as wide as that of Windsor, but the prices are extremely reasonable. The site also offers free shipping on orders over $50! Hooray!
  3. Nordstrom’s – I’m sure you’ve all heard of Nordstrom’s, as it is one of the biggest department stores in the country, but I feel it is often neglected during the annual Prom dress search. The prices range from inexpensive to a little more pricey because they carry such a large selection of designers; nevertheless, in-store and online options do provide shoppers with the chance to try on the dress or outfit before purchasing.
  4. Bloomingdale’s – While Bloomingdale’s shares many similarities with Nordstrom’s, the department store reserves a specific section during this time of year for Prom goers. In general, the dresses are on the more expensive side, but the store does offer alterations at certain locations.
  5. Revolve – Revolve is an online store with a huge selection of high-end pieces for every occasion. The styles are fashion-forward and eye-catching, but you will more than likely be paying a fortune for your order.