Summer Jobs

Courtesy of AIC Yellow Jacket

Courtesy of AIC Yellow Jacket

Isabella Kiene ‘20, Staff Writer

Living in the hip and thriving city of Los Angeles, there are more than enough options out there to find a job that is perfect for you, whether it be year-round or a summer commitment. From a barista at Starbucks to a cashier at Go Greek, many businesses are more than happy to hire young and lively high school students who are guaranteed to bring energy and a whole lot of customers into the store. If you are into a more formal job with specific hours and a uniform, you might want to look at restaurants and yogurt shops nearby. I, personally, have observed that Pizza Hut and Yogurtland always seem to be hiring. If you are not sure about exactly when you will be free this summer because of your grueling sports schedule or various camps, then there are also jobs that do not necessarily have a specific schedule. You might want to look into being a delivery girl for restaurants or a Postmates Driver (useful tip: you will probably need to have your own car if you are planning on signing up applying to work for a driving service).

Because the opportunities for finding the perfect job for you are endless in this beautiful and sunny City of Angels, you might want to start by thinking of what you are passionate about. For instance, if you are a pet lover, I suggest asking around to see if your family friends would be willing to pay you to house sit their dogs or take them on long, tiring hikes (you’d be surprised by the amount of avid bidders). If you love kids and games, you can sign up to be a camp counselor at one of the numerous camps around the city, including Cheviot Hills Summer Camp, Fitness by the Sea and much more. If you are a fashionista and would like discounts on clothes along with a nice minimum wage salary, working at a retail store such as Forever 21 and Brandy Melville might be the route for you. Finally, for people who may not want to leave their couch this summer, yet still need to get enough money to pay for those shoes they really want, can opt in to being an official online survey taker for websites such as SurveySay.com!
All in all, the possibilities for this summer and upcoming year when it comes to great jobs are plentiful! Because of all of the attractive opportunities and options Los Angeles has to offer, you are sure to find a job that is perfect for you!