Freshmen Tips

Courtesy of Twitter

Courtesy of Twitter

Chae Kim ‘19, Staff Writer

Welcome to Marymount, freshmen! Here are a few tips the seniors have gathered to help you have a smooth and successful first year!

• Do not procrastinate. Make sure it is a priority to get your homework done on time! It can get very overwhelming when you have to finish all your homework in one day.
  • Don’t stress out so much. It’s really not too bad yet.
  • Don’t focus all your attention on one subject. Make sure to balance all your classes.
  • Don’t slack off freshmen year just because others might say that it is unimportant. Your grades are permanent.
  • Join new clubs and apply for Marymount internships! They are a great way to find your interests and passions.
  • Make new friends and try to meet new people who aren’t from your middle school.
  • Don’t forget to wear your penny loafers on Mondays. They may not look the prettiest at first, but you will come to love them soon.
  • Don’t be afraid to ask teachers for help. They will always be open to meeting with you to discuss your questions and concerns. They want you to succeed!
  • Follow the Marymount dress code to avoid infractions.
  • High school may be overwhelming but you will get through it!
  • Challenge yourself! Not only is this beneficial to your GPA, but it will also enhance your critical thinking skills and prepare you for the future.
  • Don’t be afraid to participate in class. That’s the great thing about Marymount. We are open to listening and understanding each other.
  • Cherish the moments. Although there may be stressful times, four years go by more quickly than you think.
  • The seniors are not as scary as you imagine! We were in your position only a couple of years ago. Don’t feel afraid to come talk to us.
  • You aren’t alone. We are all in this together,  and you will get through it!