Teachers Take On Students At Annual Basketball Game

Brigitte Corbell '18, Staff Writer

Positive energy and excitement flowed throughout the entire group of spectators in the crowd during the faculty basketball game, which took place during period nine on February 3rd in the Pavilion. The game was between our very own Sailors Varsity basketball team and various faculty members.

As soon as the players, on both teams, started warm ups, the music blasted and the crowd eagerly roared. Many faculty members, such as Mr. Herley and Mrs. Ruesler, put forth great effort. Unfortunately, they were no match for our Sailors, who swept the floor.

While the student-led domination was fun to watch, the biggest crowd pleaser was Mr. Skrenty’s halftime performance. Though short, the dance was an interesting number, and unlike anything the Marymount community had ever seen before. Not only did he have a flawlessly practiced routine, but his moves were completely original. Hopefully we can see additional performances in the future from the talented Mr. Skrenty!

Students vs. Faculty basketball games have quickly become one of our favorite traditions at Marymount and we all know that our awesome staff gave it their all, even if the scoreboard did not reflect the effort. Varsity basketball, as usual, played great and showed off their skills that landed them the Sunshine League title this season! However, the Sailors better watch out next year, because the faculty might just give them a run for their money! Do I hear a possible rematch in the future?