Cinderella Project Makes Teens’ Dreams Come True

Grace Rector '17, Assistant Arts & Entertainment Section Editor

This March Marymount Freshmen successfully collected suits and dresses for the annual Cinderella and Prince Charming event at A Place Called Home (APCH). The organization created this project to “provide teens with formal attire and to support development of social skills and self-esteem to help them feel good inside and out.” Thanks to the donations from Marymount and various other schools, companies, and churches, APCH collected over 1,000 dresses and suits.

On April 10th and April 11th, APCH opened its doors to over 1,000 teens. It is the aim of APCH to make each and every participant of the Cinderella & Prince Charming event feel as though they are royalty for a night. This project allows teens to enjoy a glamorous night at their prom and forget about all of the strains that may weigh them down.

Thank you to everyone who donated something this year, and hopefully Marymount can collect even more dresses, suits, shoes, and bags next year! Photos of Marymount girls sorting the donations and of the event itself are below.

Marymount students sort out donations to the Cinderella Project. Photographer: Grace Rector '17.
Marymount students sort out donations to the Cinderella Project. Photographer: Mr. Klein.
Photographer: Grace Rector '17.
Photographer: Mr. Klein.
APCH teens try on suits and dresses from the annual Cinderella and Prince Charming Project. Photographer: Grace Rector '17.
APCH teens try on suits and dresses from the annual Cinderella and Prince Charming Project. Photo courtesy of apch.org.
Photographer: Grace Rector '17.
Photo courtesy of apch.org.

To see more, please visit:

http://www.apch.org/photos/2015-cinderella-prince-charming-project/