Benefits of Meditation

Courtesy of bulletproofexec.com

Courtesy of bulletproofexec.com

Maddy Ryan '16, Staff Writer

Fall is finally here! We have been in school for almost three months and have fully settled back into our normal routines. The school year can be a very stressful time for both students and teachers, and you may find yourself developing anxieties about grades, college apps, or finals. One of the best ways to fully relieve yourself from your worries is through taking a step back and calming yourself using meditation.

Meditation is a proven method for achieving relaxation of  the mind, body, and soul. Many studies have been conducted to examine meditation and its benefits for people who experience mild  to acute anxiety. Meditation has been proven to strengthen emotional well-being, lower anxiety, and will help obtain a healthier body. Most importantly, meditation allows you to be aware and mindful of the people around you. Ultimately, if you are mindful of other people, you will spread the love and joy you are feeling inside you to others.

Positivity is key when it comes to living a happy and healthy lifestyle. This positivity can be found within yourselves. Breathing for ten to fifteen minutes and reflecting on your day will automatically relieve stress from everything that is going on in your head. Seeing things in a positive light will also help to improve your outlook on the world. If you are feeling depressed, anxious, or upset, meditation is the best way to go.