Keep Calm and Play Ball

Irene Lee '18, Staff Writer

Basketball started their season in early November. A whopping twenty-one students tried out and successfully made it on the teams.

The nine girls making up Varsity and twelve on JV are practicing long and hard to get in shape and prepare for the season ahead. The players are pushing their limits and giving it their all, whether they are doing sprints, drills, or ball handling. Screen Shot 2015-12-11 at 6.56.13 PM

Screen Shot 2015-12-11 at 6.55.57 PM
Photos by Victoria Sanchez ’18

JV and Varsity recently had a scrimmage against St. Monica’s at Marymount and unfortunately lost, but this is just the beginning. The girls are starting to learn each other’s styles and are learning to work to be efficient together as a team.

JV played in the Burrough’s Tournament and lost two close games, but they have showed endurance as they went into double overtime in their second game of the tournament. They played well, fighting hard till the end, but ended with a close 28-32 loss.

Varsity played 4 games in the Brentwood Tournament, losing 2 games and winning 2. They played their first game against Saugus and were victorious with a 58-34 win. Unfortunately they lost a close game against Leuzinger with a score of 50-52.

While there have been multiple injuries on both teams, this has not stopped their consistent hard work as they practice to come back stronger. With their strong defense and offensive skills, both teams strive to bring home many wins.

With many more games to come, expect good news from both teams!