The Ultimate Staycation in LA

Courtesy+of+Pinterest+
Courtesy of Pinterest

Courtesy of Pinterest

Courtesy of Pinterest

Ava Campanella ‘19, Staff Writer

The school year is flying by, and spring break is approaching! Some people plan trips involving numerous activities across or out of the country. Others decide to stay home for the break, what many call “staycation.” When taking a staycation, one tends to remain in town, sleep in, and relax. For those who want to do something new or exciting while on spring break in Los Angeles, here are few ideas on where to go.

First, malls are a great way to meet up with friends, family, and buy new things you might want or need. Some malls in Los Angeles are the Grove in Miracle Mile, the Americana in Glendale, and the Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica. The Grove is a very popular location that attracts crowds, but you don’t want to miss its nighttime atmosphere with sparkling lights, groovy music, and great shops. On the other hand, the Americana is the larger San Fernando Valley version of the Grove with the Glendale Galleria directly across from the outdoor mall. Usually, it feels less crowded at the Americana than at the Grove due to its size. If you want to venture out to the beachside, the Third Street Promenade consists of rows of shops and restaurants right next to the pier. The Promenade also has a lively atmosphere with many stores, and gets very crowded during the spring and summer.

Another way to have a great spring break in Los Angeles is to plan a trip to Universal Studios! It is always a pleasure to go there because it is not as expensive as Disneyland but has great rides for all ages. I highly recommend visiting if you have not been to the new Wizarding World of Harry Potter that opened last year!

If you want a cozier way to spend Break, you can invite your friends over to have a movie night! With the amount of work and activities during school days, many students have no time to plan a relaxing movie night with their close friends. Planning one over spring break is a perfect time to do so!

For those of us who love to learn new things and explore, you can also go to any museums that are open in your area! Some are the National History Museum, the Getty, and multiple art museums that might be open for a limited time. I remember visiting the National History museum last year over spring break, and I had so much fun learning new things about animals and artifacts throughout history.

Lastly, you can always stay at home, bundle up in a bunch of blankets, and watch shows on Netflix for hours. There is absolutely NO SHAME in binge-watching Supernatural all day (I think that is my plan over break). I hope everyone has a fantastic spring break!

Courtesy of Tumblr

Courtesy of Pinterest