Museums to Visit in the Summer & More

Courtesy+of+LA+Magazine+
Courtesy of LA Magazine

Courtesy of LA Magazine

Courtesy of LA Magazine

Amy Goldring '20, Staff Writer

Summer is incredibly close and there are so many exciting things to do in Los Angeles.  If you need advice on where to go during the summer in the city, then listen up! Los Angeles has so many phenomenal museums such as LACMA, the Broad, and the Museum of Ice Cream. LACMA is an amazing museum to visit because it has incredible art and good restaurants. LACMA is the perfect place to have a picnic with your friends and take really cool photographs. My favorite gallery is the contemporary art gallery. Another picture worthy museum is the Broad. The Broad is in Downtown Los Angeles and has a lot of interesting collections. Make sure to buy tickets to the Broad in advance because there is usually a wait to get in. Straight from New York, there is a new museum called the Museum of Ice Cream. The Museum of Ice Cream has a banana split room filled with different colored bananas attached to the roof and an ice cream sandwich chair. Of course, they also sell ice cream and give out samples. You also have to book tickets to get into the Ice Cream Museum because tickets are high in demand at the moment. Another must see is the Griffith Observatory. If you love the movies La La Land and Rebel Without a Cause then you have to visit it.  It is a picture destination and also is nice to see the sunset from.

If you are a food lover then you are in luck. Los Angeles has amazing food! Every Sunday downtown there is a food festival called Smorgasburg. It has all types of trendy food from coconut bowl acai to a raindrop cake. If you go to Smorgasburg then I recommend going to a stall called Amaze Bowls which has the acai served in a coconut bowl. I also recommend a lemonade and tea place called Popup. They serve their drinks in mason jars. Another fun place to go to on Sundays is the Melrose Trading Post. I believe it is one of the best flea markets. You can buy vintage Levi’s, chokers, and homemade bath bombs.

Another thing to do in Los Angeles over the summer is hiking. My favorite hiking trail is the Zuma Canyon Trailhead in Malibu. It is beautiful and gives a great view of the ocean.  Other great places to hike are Runyon Canyon and Franklin Canyon. With so many activities to do, you will have an adventure-packed summer this year!