Inspirational Woman of the Month II

Chae Kim '19, Staff Writer

This month, the Anchor has decided to focus on recognizing one ‘global’ woman for her tremendous work and never-ending contributions to our nation.

The world-wide inspirational woman of this month is… Hillary Clinton!

Courtesy of Politico

Hillary Rodham Clinton is considered one of the most recognized and noteworthy woman in American politics. Not only has she shown an immeasurable dedication to politics, but she has also inspired women all over the world to pursue their dreams and encouraged them to take part in political positions. As an outspoken advocate for women’s rights, she once said, “Women’s rights are human rights.”

Aside from her role in politics, Clinton has also made many other outstanding and less acknowledged accomplishments, such as helping to provide millions of children with health care. When she was named U.S. Secretary of State by President Barack Obama in 2009, she provided support for children who could not receive health care through the State Children’s Health Insurance Program. Through her program, she cut the rate of children with no insurance by half. She wanted to make sure every child in the United States would be cared for, have access to healthcare, and fed. As Senator Kennedy once said, “The children’s health program wouldn’t be in existence today if we didn’t have Hillary pushing for it from the other end of Pennsylvania Avenue.”

When I asked Andrea Crummy, a sophomore, if she knew that Clinton had helped establish a program to help children with health care, she had this look of pure awe and respect across her face, exclaiming, “Wow! I had no idea; she’s achieved so much that people don’t really talk about.”

A symbol of power and strength for women all over the world, Hillary Clinton continues to motivate females to follow their dreams, asserting that they deserve the same number of rights as men. By observing Clinton’s action and desire for positive change regarding women and children, we, as students, are inspired to foster the same amount of passion she carries and never give up.