How Different Are Seniors and Freshmen?

Poll results show that most freshman and seniors prefer Christmas over other common holidays.

Isabel Lund '18, Staff Writer

According to a poll directed at the freshmen and senior classes, the seniors and freshmen aren’t all that different.  Although the two classes like different book and movie series, they all think of Christmas as their favorite holiday. Both classes also voted that Zac Efron was the hottest male compared to David Beckham, Ryan Gosling, and Andrew Garfield, and their favorite book was The Fault in Our Stars. The major difference between the two grades is that seniors tend to have over 4 hours of homework, while freshmen have from 1 to 3 hours everyday.

Seniors may be different from freshmen, but they are also different from each other. The one topic that many seniors in the poll had different opinions on was their favorite book series, which was disputed between the Harry Potter series, The Hunger Games series, the Divergent series, and the Twilight series. The Hunger Games was the most popular in the poll between the seniors with 28 votes, and the Harry Potter series was second with 21 votes. The one that most of the seniors agreed on was the amount of homework. Forty-five seniors voted for having over four hours of homework each night. Seniors are similar to each other, yet very diverse in other categories.

Freshmen also have some different opinions from each other, yet some similarities. Between the freshmen, the results for favorite book series were contrasting. The two most popular book series in the freshmen class are Divergent and The Hunger Games. The Hunger Games had 27 votes among the freshmen and the Divergent series had 23 votes. The most common results for the freshmen were the favorite holiday poll. Fifty-six of the 75 freshmen that participated voted that Christmas was their favorite holiday.

It is interesting to see that although seniors and freshmen have a considerable gap between them, they both share some similarities in what they like.  After all, seniors were once freshmen, and freshmen will one day be seniors.