Artists in Bloom: The Spring Arts Festival

Jessenia Zelaya '15, Staff Writer

On April 30th, the North side of campus witnessed a lively spectacle that marked the end of an incredible performing arts year for Marymount’s CAP students. The event included students from all disciplines: dance, choir, orchestra, and acting. Performing on Senior Lawn, the High School balcony, the Grotto, and Cantwell Steps, the Dance Ensemble soared to new heights with various styles ranging from lyrical to contemporary, including a routine to Disclosure’s popular hit “Latch”. Within Cantwell, the Choir stepped up its game with a new repertoire and were met with a standing ovation after their rendition of the Queen classic “Somebody To Love” which featured vocal soloists Erin Orcutt, Kristen Lee, Tess Coleman, Christine Beatty and electric guitar soloist Summer Plair. Orchestra impressed everyone with a set that included “The Imperial March” from Star Wars arranged by Lanchi Hong, a Bach piano suite played by Allegra Davis, and Lucy Liljegren’s lovely performance of her original song “Thank You Somebody”. The classroom H-9 provided a space for many comedic skits and scenes, including the readers’ theatre piece “Medieval Times” and the DTASC semi-finalist scene: an episode of Star Trek based on Macbeth. Everyone involved contributed beautifully, especially seniors Phoebe, Alexa, Winnie, Lucy, Lanchi, Allegra, Alejandra, Kristen, and Natalie who really gave their best and definitely finished with a bang in their last show at Marymount!