The Anchor

The Anchor

The Anchor

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Taylor Swift Finishes Her U.S. Leg of the Eras Tour with Six Nights at Sofi Stadium

Taylor Swift performing at opening night in Glendale, Arizona. Photo courtesy of Entertainment Weekly

Global superstar and international pop icon Taylor Swift announced on November 1st, 2022, that she would be partaking in the sixth tour of her career, the Eras Tour. Swift described this concert as “a journey through the musical eras of [her] career,” promising to explore the biggest hits from each of her albums. The show spans a total of three and a half hours and includes 44 songs separated into 10 distinct acts, which reflect the tone, color scheme, and overall theme of each of her albums (not including her debut album).

Immediately after its announcement, long-term ‘swifties’ were swept up in a wave of excitement and anticipation. Eager fans waited for hours to enter the battleground of purchasing the highly sought-after and limited tickets, hoping for a chance to see their idol live. Although Swift initially announced 27 shows throughout 20 cities, the popular demand from fans led her to add 25 more shows to the US leg of the tour, making the Eras Tour the most extensive US tour of Swift’s career. Critics praised the show for its innovative concepts, impeccable production, and captivating ambiance, and they applauded Swift for her stage presence, vocal skills, stamina, and overall performance.

Taylor Swift performing at the Eras Tour. Photo courtesy of Entertainment Weekly

Taylor Swift wrapped up her 52-show tour in Inglewood, California, during a six-night residency at SoFi Stadium. With amazing openers like Gracie Abrams and HAIM, Swift became the first artist to perform over five shows at that venue. Overall, 420,000 fans attended the six sold-out shows at SoFi, with over 70,000 attendees each night. In total, the Eras Tour made over $1 billion, with Swift receiving about $300 million of the earnings. However, she donated a large portion of her profits to charity organizations and employees, most notably giving over 50 of her bus drivers $100,000 in bonuses.

On August 9th, during her 6th performance at SoFi Stadium and the last show of the US leg of the Eras Tour, Swift officially announced to an excited crowd the re-release of her 5th studio album, 1989. It is safe to say the crowd was ecstatic, not only to be receiving a re-release of another one of Taylor’s albums but also to have witnessed its unforgettable and highly anticipated announcement.

Taylor Swift wearing an outfit inspired by her album, “Midnights.” Photo courtesy of The New Yorker

Overall, The Eras Tour quickly became one of the most monumental tours of the music industry, solidifying Taylor Swift’s well-deserved spot in the pantheon of entertainment and pop culture. The Eras Tour was not only a series of performances but a celebration of the legacy of Taylor Swift’s work, which has made a profound impact on American Culture for decades.