The Anchor

The Anchor

The Anchor

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Remembering Matthew Perry

Matthew Langford Perry, the American and Canadian comedic actor, tragically passed away at the age of 54 on October 28, 2023. He drowned in his hot tub at his home in Pacific Palisades. Perry, born on August 19, 1969, in Massachusetts, grew up in Ottawa,

Matthew Perry. Photo courtesy of People Magazine

Ontario. As a dedicated tennis player, he became a top-rated junior player in Canada. At the age of fifteen, Matthew moved to Los Angeles with his father, sparking his interest in acting. His first leading role in the series “Boys Will Be Boys” in 1987 marked the beginning of Matthew’s career as an actor. Perry starred in numerous movies and TV shows, and his role as Chandler Bing on “Friends” catapulted him to extreme fame. Viewers around the world quickly grew to love Chandler Bing for his witty humor and endearing personality.

Matthew Perry with the cast of “Friends.” Photo courtesy of Glamour Magazine

Matthew provided joy not only for his co-stars and friends but also for fans worldwide. His co-stars on “Friends,” Jennifer Aniston, Matt LeBlanc, Lisa Kudrow, Courtney Cox, and David Schwimmer, became his closest friends. The tight-knit group worked closely

Matthew Perry alongside the cast of “Friends.” Photo courtesy of USA Today

together during the creation of ten iconic seasons. Following Perry’s death in October, the cast stated ABC news, saying, “We are all so utterly devastated by the loss of Matthew. We were more than just cast mates; we are a family. There is so much to say, but right now, we’re going to take a moment to grieve and process this unfathomable loss” (People Magazine, October 31, 2023). “Friends” fans know that the bond that the cast had existed not only off-screen but on-screen as well. Monica, Chandler, Joey, Ross, and Rachel felt like friends to every viewer of the show. Matthew Perry’s legacy will carry on forever.