The Anchor

The Anchor

The Anchor

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Highlights From This Awards Season

This 2024 awards season has been one to remember. From the fun and flashy attire to the unexpected winners from the Grammys and the Golden Globes, as the curtains rose on this year’s awards season, we saw a whirlwind of looks, laughter, and unforgettable wins and losses. Celebrities were dressed to impress with jaw-dropping glamor and gave phenomenal speeches.

Margot Robbie’s Golden Globes outfit. Photo courtesy of Vogue

The Golden Globes were a night to remember as the best actors and actresses walked the stage and received some of the world’s best awards. Women like Elizabeth Debicki, Sarah Snook, and Lily Gladstone received the utmost praise for their exceptional roles in The Crown, Succession, and Killers of the Flower Moon. Men like Cillian Murphy, Kieran Culkin, and Christopher Nolan won Best Performance by a Male Actor in a Motion Picture – Drama, Best Performance by a Male Actor in a Television Series – Drama, and Best Director. The awards and winners, alongside the fashionable and glamorous outfits, made the Golden Globes wonderful. Margot Robbie showed up and showed out in a lavish hot pink sequin dress with a feathery boa. In addition, the talented Timothee Chalamet dressed to perfection in an all-black sequined suit. It seems that the 2024 Golden Globes were certainly a night of sequins! Not only were the outfits glamorous and extraordinary, but so were the speeches. Lionel Boyce from The Bear gave a speech that represented what cinematography is all about when he won Best Television Series for a Musical or Comedy. He spoke of his admiration and respect for chefs as they experience the real-life highs and lows that the show illustrates as well as his gratitude for the community of chefs that were so accepting of the cast of the show. Lionel Boyce’s speech tugged on heartstrings everywhere, showing the true beauty and love of the Golden Globes. Despite the glitz and glamor of the Golden Globes, there were sure enough interesting jokes and awkward laughs. As the host Jo Koy spoke of the equally groundbreaking movies Barbie and Oppenheimer, he made an interesting joke about what both movies intended to address. His joke was met with awkward laughs and a few eyebrow raises from the audience. Despite Jo Koy’s peculiar jokes and comments, overall, the 2024 Golden Globes was a smashing success. 

Luke Combs and Tracy Chapman. Photo courtesy of The Today Show

Similarly, the Grammys were a place full of talent, laughter, music, and fashion. Held here in Los Angeles, California, the event showcased exhilarating performances from both popular icons and upcoming artists. The one and only Miley Cyrus performed her hit song “Flowers” wearing a gorgeous, sparkly silver set. This was not the only magical performance: Tracy Chapman and Luke Combs performed the famous song, “Fast Car.” The evening celebrated renowned artists who have created astonishing music. Awards were given out to artists such as SZA, Billie Eilish and FINNEAS, Tyla, and Chris Stapleton winning Best R&B Performance, Song of the Year, Best African Music Performer, and Country Song of the Year. Debatably, the biggest award, Album of the Year, went to Taylor Swift for her extremely successful album Midnights. As Taylor Swift walked along the Grammy’s stage and recited her speech, she announced that her new album, The Tortured Poets Department, will be released on April 19th. This news shocked everyone, both in the venue and at home as an album announcement was unexpected. Her announcement was a complete success as people everywhere went straight to her Instagram to find out more news about the release. This year’s Grammy celebration exceeded expectations and delivered an unforgettable evening celebrating musical excellence and creativity everywhere.

Taylor Swift giving her Grammy acceptance speech. Photo courtesy of The Grammys

The 2024 awards season will be remembered for its groundbreaking achievements, performances, and wins. From the Golden Globes’ fashion on the red carpet to the Grammys’ magnificent performances, this awards season has been one of the most successful and memorable.