The Anchor

The Anchor

The Anchor

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

MHS Senior Athlete Interview

This MHS Senior Athlete Interview features Cece Rasmussen from the Varsity basketball team! Cece is a core member of all of the teams she is part of: Golf, Basketball, and Softball. Let’s get to know a bit more about her and her Marymount basketball career!

Favorite Memory?

My favorite basketball memory has to be all of the karaoke that we do. One of my favorites was the ride home from our Palm Springs tournament singing to Bruno Mars for the last hour of the ride to get us through the traffic.   

What has being a member of the team taught you? (Valuable life lessons) 

Being a member of the team has taught me a lot but I think most importantly I have learned to always respect the people around me, whether it be coaches, refs, parents, other teams, or my own team. Whether it’s on or off the court, the biggest lesson I have taken away from being on the team is to respect others regardless of circumstances.

Cece with teammates her sophomore year.

How did your experience as a senior on the team compare to your recent years? 

My experience as a senior on the team in comparison to recent years was different because I knew it was the last time I would be playing basketball more specifically with this team. In previous years, I took things for granted, the memories that were made, the fun times that were had; not until this year did I realize that I wouldn’t be able to create any more memories like these. Whether it was battling through morning practice or getting a big win against an opponent, we always did it together and with a smile on our faces. I won’t ever forget this team and the lasting memories that were made. 

Cece with her fellow senior teammates Alexi, Kate, and Janella.

What advice would you give to the underclassmen athletes? 

Some advice I would give to underclassmen athletes is to have a good balance between being a student and an athlete. You are a student first and need to make sure you are on top of your work inside the classroom before giving it your all on the court.