The Anchor

The Anchor

The Anchor

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

A Review of Allure’s Best of Beauty Awards 2023

Allure’s “Best of Beauty” awards logo (Courtesy of Allure)

Every year since 1996, Allure magazine has shared a compilation of its “Best of Beauty” products with its readers. Allure’s “Best of Beauty” awards hold supreme weight, and this prestigious stamp of approval is known and recognized as the most elite in the beauty industry, as well as by consumers. According to Jessica Cruel, editor-in-chief at Allure, “We take pride in exploring thousands of beauty products each year to share the ‘best of the best’ with our readers.” Allure editors spend months searching for exceptional products that deliver in each of the 14 categories, from hair to skin to the innovative breakthrough category. In 2023, after four months of testing and debating 8,810 submissions, 391 favorite products were selected and trusted by Allure’s top beauty editors and presented as Allure’s “Best of Beauty” awards for 2023.

Allure editors and staffers embark on this exciting journey to find the year’s best products that leave us with the silkiest hair, the most radiating skin, and intoxicating fragrances. The 2023 winners come from a variety of brands, from drug stores to luxury brands at all price points, from the most inexpensive $3 powder brush to the most expensive $599 Dyson Air Wrap. Even at that price, this famed hair tool is well worth the high price tag. Every winner selected was taken very seriously, ultimately giving each of us a deeper appreciation of all things beauty.

Here are some of my favorites from the 2023 “Best of Beauty” awards:

Summer Fridays Lip Butter Balm in Pink Sugar (Courtesy of Summer Fridays)

Best of Beauty Category: Lips – Best Tinted Lip Balm

Product: Summer Fridays Lip Butter Balm

Moisturizing tinted balms are formulated with shea butter and vegan waxes, which offer hydration and a soothing effect for those chappy parched lips. Seven scents and tints moisturize and shine during the day and can be used at night as a nourishing bedtime mask. These butter balms are a favorite in the beauty industry and often sell out; no wonder this popular lip tint is an award-winner. A crowd favorite and go-to flavor are the pink sugar and vanilla scents. These balms are all vegan, gluten-free, and cruelty-free too. 

Gisou Honey Infused Hair Oil (Courtesy of Gisou)

Best of Beauty Category: Hair – Best Finishing Oil

Product: Gisou Honey Infused Hair Oil

Gisou Hair Oil, created by social media influencer and multi-generation beekeeper Negin Mirsalehi, is a beauty favorite for repairing and restoring frizzy, dry, or damaged locks. The rich golden oil infused with honey preserves moisture, which helps boost hydration levels. The texture is not sticky or greasy, and only a couple of drops add a high shine and flawless finish with a beautiful glossy reflection. Gisou is a multi-use product to be used as a style and finishing product as well as a hair mask or as an overnight treatment. The light floral, honey-like scent is enough of a reason to buy this product alone. The fresh and sweet fragrance has created a cult following.

Strip Makeup Whipped Coconut Makeup Remover (Courtesy of Strip Makeup)

Best of Beauty Category: Clean – Best Clean Skin Care

ProductStrip Makeup Whipped Coconut Makeup Remover

Launched in 2022, Strip Makeup is a nutrient-dense cleanser designed to promote overall skin health while melting away makeup and impurities. This is not just any type of cleanser; it delivers vitamins to rehydrate and increase circulation, leaving the skin feeling clean, soft, and refreshed. This oil-based formula with key ingredients including mango seed butter, shea butter, coconut oil, ginseng root, and white tea extract will not leave your skin feeling dry, but only smooth and silky. Strip Makeup is a clean product made for all skin types.

ColourPop Chrome Liquid Shadow
(Courtesy of ColorPop)

Best of Beauty Category: Eyes – Best Chrome Eye Shadow Wand

Product: ColourPop Chrome Liquid Shadow

Make your eyes POP with ColourPop’s Chrome Liquid Eye Shadow to max out the sparkling multi-chrome pigment and ultra-reflective pearls for a multi-dimensional finish. Each unique and high-density shade delivers a sparkling color shift with every angle of light for a stunning multi-layered look with just a swipe of the wand. The look can be applied lightly or layered thickly, depending on your mood or style for the occasion. ColorPop Chrome Liquid Eye Shadow is available in a variety of colors.