The Anchor

The Anchor

The Anchor

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Cozy Book Recommendations for Winter Break

Can you feel the excitement in the air? Winter break is just around the corner, and nothing is more cozy and enjoyable than curling up with a good book during this time. Reading is not only a great way to relax but also to travel through amazing worlds of imagination. So, grab a comfy blanket, get yourself a warm beverage, and immerse yourself in some incredible books this winter break!

One of Us is Lying book cover (Courtesy of Barnes and Noble)

One of Us is Lying, by Karen M. McManus

• Genre: Mystery
  • Pages: 358
  • Book one of a series of three books 

Get ready for a thrilling ride with One of Us is Lying. When Simon dies during detention, the lives of four teenagers, Bronwyn, Addy, Nate, and Cooper, are forever changed. As the story unfolds, we are taken on a journey through each of their secrets and dilemmas. The author masterfully threads together each perspective, allowing us to glue our eyes to the page fully. Just when you think you have figured out who killed Simon, the ending will leave you in shock. If you are a fan of murder mysteries, this book is a must-read. Join the investigation and uncover the truth about what happened during that fatal detention. This book will keep you cozy by the fireplace!

Always in December book cover (Courtesy of Barnes and Noble)

Always in December, by Emily Stone

• Genre: Holiday Romance
  • Pages: 408

Discover the heartwarming story of Josie and Max as they unexpectedly cross paths during the holiday season in Always in December. Josie and Max have always considered themselves not to be very holiday-oriented, but their lives take an unexpected turn when they spend the holiday season together. Although strangers, they end up bumping into each other, however, falling apart days later. But it doesn’t end there . . . with each new encounter with each other, their fate continues to unite them with Christmas cheer. Their relationship blossoms as they decide to spend Christmas together. Will they stay together throughout the year? What will happen next year? This is a perfect Christmas book to read during the holiday season!

The Hunger Games book cover (Courtesy of Barnes and Noble)

The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins

• Genre: Dystopian Fiction
  • Pages: 384
  • Book one of a series of three books

The Hunger Games is the first book in a trilogy set in the fictional nation of Panem. An annual competition known as the Hunger Games selects a boy and a girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen from each of the twelve remaining districts as payback for the destruction of District 13 during a previous rebellion against the Capitol. The story follows Katniss Everdeen, who volunteers to take her sister’s place in the Games, and her struggle for survival while trying to fight back against the other 23 contestants. As Katniss navigates the brutal and televised arena, she tries to form alliances, faces catastrophic dilemmas, and showcases her survival skills. Throughout the Games, she grapples with her feelings for her fellow District 12 tribute, Peeta Mellark. Will she get hurt? Will she die? Will she win? Read to find out! 

The Guest List book cover (Courtesy of Barnes and Noble)

The Guest List, by Lucy Foley

• Genre: Mystery
  • Pages: 313

Step into the intriguing world of Jules Keegan, a bright and passionate magazine publisher, and Will Slater, a charming and well-known television star, as they exchange vows in front of a group of guests filled with dark intentions, unspoken secrets, and secret jealousies. As the wedding festivities unfold and everyone is having a great time, an unexpected turn of events takes place when a dead body is found. Who is the victim? Who is the killer? Will this tragic discovery ruin the wedding? This is a perfect page-turner specifically for the winter season!

To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before book cover (Courtesy of Barnes and Noble)

To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before, by Jenny Han

• Genre: Teen Romance Comedy
  • Pages: 355
  • Book one of a series of three books 

Do you like a good romantic comedy story? If so, you must check out To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before. It is the story of Lara Jean, a girl who has never dared to confess her crushes to the boys she likes. Instead, she writes heartfelt letters to them, seals them, and keeps them hidden under her bed.  But one day Lara Jean discovers that somehow her secret box of letters has been mailed, causing all her crushes from her past to confront her about the letters: her first kiss, the boys from summer camp, and even her sister’s ex-boyfriend, Josh. As Lara Jean faces each of them, she learns to confront her past and discovers that perhaps something good can come out of these letters. This is a perfect book to read next to a cozy fireplace.