3 Ways to Manage Your Time the Best, while Juggling in Person School and Extracurricular Activities

Melina Angeledes, Section Editor

Time management can be one of the most difficult things to handle, especially in high school. With so much stress and activities going on during the school year, high schoolers struggle with managing their time well, causing excess stress. But don’t worry! This is easily fixable! Here is how I am able to juggle high school and extracurricular activities best:

Get a Planner. It’s just as simple as that. With a planner, you are able to map out your entire month, which allows you to get a head start on planning out all of your weeks to make life less stressful. It is a good way to see what you have for homework, and also a good way to see which extracurricular events you have going on that week. From being able to physically see what you have going on, it reduces stress because you realize that what seems like a lot, really isn’t that much. Personally, this is the best way I deal with the school year.

Take a day off. Just allow yourself to have at least one day of break to regather yourself. For example, every Sunday I stay home, sleep in, relax, and make sure all my homework and studying is organized for the upcoming week. Having a day off is a great way to recenter yourself and alleviate stress.

Take Advantage of Free Periods/Office Hours. Free periods and office hours are such a gift. Whether it’s giving yourself a break, or grinding out homework, these extra hours off of classes are extremely useful. Being productive during these periods can help you get work done, when you know you might get home late due to a club or a sport. Trust me, there’s nothing better than finishing homework before school is even over.