The Anchor

The Anchor

The Anchor

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

How to Utilize Winter Break for a Strong Second Semester

Although December signifies the start of an intense finals week, Winter Break is slowly creeping up! Students from across the nation are looking forward to a long, relaxing break from their hard work in the first semester, with Marymount Sailors being no exception. Although it is a time of rest, it is important to utilize Winter Break to help prepare for a successful second semester. 

The first step to take during Winter Break is to make sure that all of your assignments from semester one are turned in. Every point counts towards your grade, and turning in missing assignments is a great way to get some points back. You can email your teachers to ask about late penalties, and percentages of attainable credit you can get back. It is crucial to do your best work on these assignments to ensure you regain every point possible back.

Another helpful step to take during Winter Break is to preview the topics you will be learning about when you return to school. It is imperative to go into your classes with prior knowledge, as it allows you to answer questions, better complete your homework, and understand the material. To do this, you can look over the syllabuses for each class and check out the topics you will be learning there!

The last and most important step to take during Winter Break is to rest. All of the Sailors have been working incredibly hard in their academics, sports, and extracurriculars. Taking breaks is essential for our mental health, as they help your brain and body to reset and recover. Make sure to rest and spend time with friends, family, and pets to prepare yourself for a successful and rigorous second semester.