The Anchor

The Anchor

The Anchor

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Quick, Easy, and Healthy Snack Recipes

As a busy high school student, I find it important to have healthy grab-on-the-go snacks with me at all times. However, premade snacks can be pricy and contain harmful additives and gums. Here are 3 quick and healthy snack recipes designed to fuel your day!

Popcorn with a twist!

We all love movie theater popcorn, this recipe is my take on movie theater popcorn with a flavorful twist. This popcorn is better than movie theater popcorn and can be adjusted to use the seasoning of your choice such as tahin, unami, and barbecue. 

Add ¼ cup of popcorn kernels to a Hot air kernel popper.
Allow to pop.
Add the popcorn into a large ziplock bag.
To the popcorn, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of ranch seasoning.
Shake the popcorn inside of the bag until fully coated in seasoning.
Customize your flavors with home-popped popcorn! Image by Sarah Bond.

Healthy Sour Patch

If you enjoy sour candies such as Sour Patch Kids, Sour Punch Bites, and Warheads Cubes then this two-ingredient recipe is for you:

Add 2 cups of rinsed green grapes into a large ziplock bag.
To the plastic bag squeeze in the juice of a whole lemon.
Shake the bag so that the grapes are fully coated with the lemon juice.
Add the grapes into the freezer for at least 3 hours or until the grapes are completely frozen.  
The only ingredients that you need to make the best healthy sour patch alternative! Image by Agnes Hsu.

Granola Bars! 

One of my favorite snacks is granola bars, they are convenient, mess-free, and delicious. But, finding granola bars that do not have additives and preservatives are hard to find. Save money and enjoy truly health-conscious granola bars with this recipe! 

In a large bowl add ¾ a cup of PB2 Original Powdered Peanut butter powder, 1 cup of water, and 3 tablespoons of raw unfiltered honey.
Stir until the consistency of runny peanut butter is formed.
Then add 1 cup of rolled oats, ¼ cup of chocolate chips, and 2 tablespoons of chia seeds.
Place the mixture onto parchment paper and using the palms of your hands flatten out.
Place into the freezer for at least 3 hours.
Cut into your desired size and enjoy.
Easy no-bake granola bars. Image by Sarah Nevins.

I can assure you, that these three quick, healthy, and easy snack recipes are delicious. But, I would caution you that once you make them you may never stop; they are highly addicting!