Mother Daughter Luncheon

Courtesy+of+Marymount+High+School+
Courtesy of Marymount High School

Courtesy of Marymount High School

Courtesy of Marymount High School

Christina Fazio ‘18, Features Section Editor

Marymount mothers and daughters reunited together on Sunday, February 11th at the Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel for Marymount’s Mother-Daughter Luncheon. This annual event allows our Marymount Sailors to bond with their mothers as the second semester is coming to a start. For the class of 2018, the luncheon honored both them and the mothers who had done so much for them.

The afternoon began as many daughters and their mothers took pictures prior to the luncheon. The event consisted of a raffle, epic gift baskets for the seniors, and a tear-jerking slideshow that highlighted the seniors. The slideshow included pictures of the girls with their mothers, ranging from toddlers to the sophisticated members of society that make up the class of 2018.

The seniors had the pleasure to be able to recount the best advice their moms had given them, their favorite Marymount moment, and what they loved about their mothers. As the afternoon progressed, the mothers shared intimate and heartfelt moments with their daughters. With the beautiful words shared by senior class president, Sadie McMillan, the senior girls bonded with their mothers at the luncheon for the final time.

Following the heartwarming slideshow, the seniors huddled onto the stage and took a class picture. Then, the girls received roses to give to their mothers as a symbol of their ongoing love, support, and dedication over the years.

For the seniors, they had to bid a farewell to the tradition with their mothers, but for the underclasswomen, they have the opportunity to cherish the next following years with their mothers at the luncheons and ones like such in the future.

Courtesy of Marymount High School