Father-Daughter Barbeque

Courtesy+of+Marymount+Facebook+

Courtesy of Marymount Facebook

Stephanie Sowa '21, Staff Writer

Spring is a truly exciting time at Marymount; summer is quickly approaching and, soon enough, the sailors will enter another memorable school year. One way to celebrate the school year coming to a close is the annual Father-Daughter Barbeque – an event that is always filled with mouthwatering food, incredible conversations, and father-daughter duos. This year, the lunch line was bustling with people as the aroma of grilled hot dogs and burgers filled the air. Hugs and handshakes were exchanged between fathers as new friendships were formed, the senior courtyard was transformed into a grand dining area with plenty of places to eat, and music from the 70’s and 80’s could be heard all over campus. In short, everyone was enjoying themselves. Daughters took their fathers on an all-inclusive campus tour, with the new Digital Resource Center (or DRC) being the most popular spot. The DRC was filled with proud fathers admiring their daughters’ artwork and appearing awestruck by all of the new technology and sleek design of the building. Classrooms were also toured by eager fathers, who were able to have fun with their daughters while doing so. The sun was shining upon the Marymount community and all could be found with smiles on their faces.

However, next year’s Father-Daughter Barbeque won’t be exactly the same… Our seniors are moving on to a new and exciting chapter in their lives: college. Their spirit and kindness will be missed, but the entire Marymount community is extremely proud of them. Therefore, at this year’s annual Father-Daughter Barbeque, the seniors represented their colleges while their fathers and the rest of the community looked on in love, admiration, and support. It was bittersweet to see our fellow sailors wearing their new gear while their fathers admired them. Congratulations were expressed throughout the day, and it was inspiring to see that all of the girls’ hard work paid off – not to mention the great pictures taken with their new college sweatshirts. All in all, the annual Father-Daughter barbeque was a huge success and everyone is looking forward to the next one!