2022 Easter Egg Hunt at Disneyland

Mickey+Visit

Lindsay Brookshier

Mickey Visit

Hannah Kim '22, Opinion Section Editor

As opposed to Easter weekend falling in the middle of Spring Break, this year’s Spring Break was one week earlier than previous years. For the school, this meant that it got an extra two days off, two four-day weeks following the end of Spring Break. This could easily be what the entire school needed after an arduous semester and a half of coming back to school and learning in person. 

After a two-week break, the two four-day weeks seemed to work wonders for easing back into school. For seniors, it allowed them to freely spend time with their friends and family, as they began hearing back from colleges and planning their future. Coming back to school with an entirely different understanding for the future, seniors were able to pace themselves throughout the first two weeks instead of being overwhelmed with work.

Ultimately, having a separate Easter Break and Spring Break was a blessing to have for the school. The consecutive 4-day weeks permits students to bring themselves back to the school mindset as the APs approach and the school year comes to an end. Hopefully, Marymount continues to keep Easter separate from Spring Break in the future to give students and faculty more time to spend outside of school and gradually prepare for the busy two months ahead.