Summer Destinations

The breathtaking view from the roof in a hotel in Rome!

Kate Maidy, Student Life Section Editor

Welcome back, Sailors! Can you believe that we are nearing the three month mark into the school year? I keep reminiscing on my Summer break and it feels as if it happened eons ago. It all feels like such a blur, especially now that I have gotten into the groove of Junior year. Whenever I am stressed or overwhelmed about school, I think of my happy place: sitting on the rooftop balcony of a hotel in Rome and feeling the warm breeze brush up against me, all while listening to some calm, Italian music in the background. I visited Rome, Florence, and Paris for two weeks and it was truly the most memorable experience. Thus, I wanted to ask a few of my other fellow Sailor Sisters where they traveled over the Summer and see how they made new memories! 

First, I asked my dear friend Nadia Shammaie of the Junior class. Nadia visited her godparents in Brookline, Massachusetts, which is right outside of Boston. She went on college tours, spent quality time with her god-brother, and explored the intricate T line system in Boston. She even went to a spontaneous Lady Gaga concert!

Nadia’s photo of the Boston T line system.

Junior, Sole Marino, stayed at her grandparent’s home in Lucca, Italy for about three months. She enjoyed swimming with her brother, shopping in Florence, and eating delicious homemade Italian food.

The best pasta Sole has ever tasted in her life!

Additionally, Freshman Lucy Walbridge visited Telluride, Colorado over the Summer! Since she used to live there, she spent time with some of her old friends. Lucy also went on a ton of hikes in the beautiful mountains.

Lucy’s scenic gondola ride in Telluride.

Overall, Summer provides an amazing opportunity to take a break from school and enjoy new experiences with friends and family that you will always remember. Bon Voyage, Sailors!