A Glance into the New Year: What Can We Look Forward To?

Kate Maidy, Student Life Section Editor

Congratulations on completing the first semester, Sailors! We got a lot done just in those five months, and now that the 2022 year is over, it’s time to look ahead into 2023. We had a splendid semester full of joyous activities, but there’s even more to come. Let’s see how we can make the second semester a fun-filled time!

As you all know, there has been major construction at school. When we return from Winter Break, the construction should be complete! We can look forward to new science labs in Butler, visual arts rooms in Cantwell, and even an elevator.  

We also have a ton of events curated by student-run groups. Get excited for more Thought Talks and cultural celebrations hosted by SDAB. Also, ASB has been planning future events, one of which is Spirit Week! My favorite Marymount event is Spirit Week because each class gets into the Sailor Spirit and goes all out in their class color! We play games to see which class gains the most spirit points and choreograph dances including our entire classes. I especially cannot wait to hear what the themed days will be! Soon after we return from break, each class will go on a retreat. It differs for each class, but I am especially excited for the Junior retreat because I have heard you become much closer with your classmates and always cherish that time away from school. 

As you can see, there is so much to look forward to in the 2023 school year, and there’s still more we do not know about! Let’s work together as a Marymount community and make the second semester filled with new memories.