THE MOST SPIRITED SPIRIT WEEK YET!!!

Kate Maidy, Student Life Section Editor

Spirit Week is a long-standing Marymount tradition that I look forward to each year. During this competitive week, each class dresses according to the theme of the day, as well as participates in various contests to gain more spirit points for their class. I’m here to talk about the intense class competitions from the 2023 Spirit Week and how each class battled it out until the end.

This year, we had some very fun and creative themes: Monday – The Stages of Life, Tuesday – Dressing, Wednesday – In the Air, Thursday – Met Gala, and Friday – Class Color.

The Juniors

On Tuesday, we had the first-ever salad Dressing-Guessing Competition! A blindfolded contestant from each class tasted different salad dressings and attempted to guess the flavor. The Sophomores took the lead following the Juniors, Seniors, and Freshmen. 

This year, the classes participated in Capture-the-Anchor. Each class hid their anchor in a specific location and the other classes could steal it. Throughout the week, students marched to various courtyards in hopes of stealing the anchor from a certain class. The Seniors and Freshman fought long and hard to protect their anchors from each other. Unfortunately, the Junior anchor ripped a few times and had to be taped together. Capture-the-Anchor is a very entertaining contest and I am already looking forward to it next year. 

The Sophomores

Friday was full of so much spirit and each class came prepared to battle. Everyone dressed up, crazily cheered, and lavishly decorated their courtyards and sections in Pavilion. In the end, the Seniors won overall, the Juniors won Best Sportsmanship, and the Sophomores won Best Dance. Better luck next year, Freshmen!

I hope you all enjoyed the 2023 Spirit Week as much as I did!

The Freshmen