The Anchor

The Anchor

The Anchor

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Sophomore Spirit Week Reflection

Spirit Week, hands-down, remains one of the greatest times of the year. It is always a time of bonding and intense competition all in one and ultimately provides lots of laughs and good times to look back on. The sophomores, in particular, enthusiastically rocked purple all week long and gave it their all in every aspect: Here are everyday examples of the PURPLE POWER!!!

MONDAY: SPEAK NOW

This was a great way to start the week, as everyone at Marymount is definitely a Swiftie! People rocked their Eras Tour merch while additionally adding on pops of purple! 

TUESDAY: LOS ANGELES LAKERS

This theme was awesome because we got to represent one of our local teams! People got really into this specific theme by rocking their favorite player’s jersey and painting eye black on their faces (well in this case eye purple)!

WEDNESDAY: PURPLE MINIONS

What a classic movie character, one that brings up lots of nostalgia! This one was super fun because we got the chance to put our ENTIRE faces purple, which allowed us to really get in the spirit!

THURSDAY: EASTER

People brought their A-game with this awesome holiday! We had an abundance of different costumes, such as bunny onesies and giant inflatable Easter eggs!

FRIDAY: ALL OUT PURPLE

The all-out purple day is by far the best because people get to really show off their creative side! Accessories ranged from bowties to sunglasses, and even people painted their faces purple once again (like me). We also had the dance competition, which is a fan-favorite as well as a bunch of other fun games! Sophomores crushed the tug of war!

In conclusion, this Spirit Week was definitely one to remember! It was so special having our second Spirit Week, as we looked forward to it even more after already experiencing it and people got way more involved and excited about it! Already looking forward to next year!