The Anchor

The Anchor

The Anchor

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

The Great Marymount Bake-Off Review

Overall, the Annual Great Marymount Bake Off was a great success. There were five students and four teachers who taste-tested all of the desserts to see which was the best. There were two contests: one for taste, and one for presentation. The winners for the tasting contest were Kate Clements in third place with her chocolate chip cookies, in second place was Caroline Sarlo with her peanut butter swirl brownie marshmallow bar, and in first place was Leila Hasty who made some delicious chocolate toffee cookies. 

The desserts that had won for their presentation were as follows: a third-place tie between batch cookies and cupcakes, in second place was a beautiful bread that was in the shape of an intricate star, and in first place cupcakes that had an array of different cacti and flowers piped on top. 

Some of the other desserts that were at the bakeoff were lemon curd pie pieces, Mardi Gras cookies, cookies in the shape of a bear, a marble cake, and s’mores bites. Of course, there were so many other delicious desserts made by excellent bakers in our Marymount community. 

After the judges had tasted all of the desserts, every student picked out one dessert from a large array. Students also got a delicious meal with fried chicken and biscuits to celebrate Mardi Gras, which was the same day. Many people are already so excited for next year’s Great Marymount Bakeoff and are already waiting to try many new scrumptious desserts.

Courtesy of Marymount High School 
Courtesy of Marymount High School