Junior Alexa Osime Scores With Marymount Basketball

Tess Black '16, Staff Writer

Ambitious, industrious, enthusiastic: what do all these words have in common? They all describe our Marymount Sailors on the basketball teams this year. Basketball season will soon be upon us, and the teams have been working extremely hard to get in shape for the upcoming season. Team members have expressed great anticipation for the games to begin, so to speak, especially Marymount junior Alexa Osime. When asked her opinion of what she has observed this preseason, Alexa couldn’t have been more optimistic, stating, “Everyone is improving and having fun, and the incoming freshmen have a lot of potential that I’m sure will make this year the best so far.” Alexa also expressed what a pleasure it is to have such a great coach developing and leading the teams. “Coach Baker is a really good coach, and he has helped me improve a lot in the last year. He is really fun to be around and is always making people laugh, but also knows when to be serious and focused. I have a feeling that we will really benefit from [his coaching] this year.” Alexa is confident that the team will win their way to the league championships, with all the highest hopes of getting her name and accomplishments immortalized on a Marymount sports banner. She strives to enhance her skills and become the perfect balance between Clippers’ center DeAndre Jordan and Wildcats’ captain Troy Bolton. Good luck, Alexa!