Boys+Marymount Girls= Frenzy (Thanks BBP)

Courtesy of www.youtube.com

Grace Rector '17, Junior Arts and Entertainment Editor

On October 24, 2014 the girls at Marymount received their own private concert from the Boy Band Project. A group of five teenage boys graced the steps of Cantwell with their devilishly good looks, their smooth voices, and their blindingly white smiles.  Approximately fifteen minutes before they were to perform, one member of the band strummed his guitar, which caused junior Pascale Williams to scream in excitement. When the clock struck 10:35 am, Marymount girls poured out from every building on campus just to hear these talented artists perform.

The stage was empty and anticipation hung in the air.  The band’s publicity manager came out to introduce them and then everyone shook with excitement. As soon as the band’s name was uttered a million high shrieks filled the air. The band performed quite a number of songs, each one even more captivating than the first. However, the crowd’s emotions towards the performers peaked when they asked for two (lucky) girls to join them on stage. The Marymount population rushed up the Cantwell steps screaming to be chosen. The boys had to guide the girls back down the stairs and finally chose a Freshman and Sophomore girl.

The guest performance by this wonderful band brought a new energy to the Marymount campus and brought even more enthusiasm to everyone’s Friday as a whole. When the show elapsed, the frenzy did not. The boys made their way down the stairs and were surrounded by Marymount girls who took picture after selfie after video with and of them. The screams of joy did not cease and the boys were really great sports considering they had about three-hundred girls waiting to meet each of them. However, the band seemed to have had just as much fun as our student body and we hope to see them perform again!

Marymount High School is grateful to the Boy Band Project for visiting our school as the girls will always remember this eventful day!