Students Discover New Clubs at Club Fair 2015

Claire Pregler '17, Staff Writer

Yummy cookies at the Anchor table
Yummy cookies at the Anchor table

Every year faculty, staff, and students gather on Senior Lawn to experience and explore the many clubs offered by the faculty and students at Marymount. The 2015 Club Fair was a huge success!

Each club stood up in front of the entire school and described their club’s purpose and activities to the entire school. There were many interesting clubs returning from last year and brand new clubs created this year. Each had a unique purpose: providing opportunities for service and activism in the community, to get fit and active, and to learn and experience new things.

Each club set up a station on the senior lawn, which included a sign up sheet for their club, a decorated poster, and lots of delicious food for their new club members to enjoy. Each student was able to find a club that fit their interest and goals. Erica Lydon, President of the club Paws for a Cause describes her excitement when 90 people signed up for her brand new club.

“I was so surprised that people signed up for my club. Honestly, I thought not many people would,” Lydon said.

The club fair provided opportunities for both students who wanted to start a club regarding their passions and for students who either wanted to join a club focused on their interest or try a something completely new. Lindsey McAllister was thrilled to sign up for the Survival club, a club she had never considered joining, and the Debate Team, a team she knew she wanted to join after participating in debate in middle-school.

The true success of the Club Fair is allowing students to pursue their interests and passions and break out from their comfort zone to meet new people and try new things.