Coach Interview: Coach Troy Brown

Image+courtesy+of+Marymount+Athletics.+

Image courtesy of Marymount Athletics.

Eleanor Farnham, Staff Writer

Coach Troy Brown is the Golf and Softball coach at Marymount. This is his first year coaching golf, but he has been coaching Marymount softball for a couple of years. Coach Troy is one of the many beloved coaches at Marymount. Cece Rassmussen ‘24 described him as, “a great coach. Coach Troy gives great advice and is very helpful when it comes to sports, or anything really. He is also thoughtful, kind, and understanding. Not only is he a great coach but also just a good person.” Along with being a great coach, Coach Troy is also the father of a freshman named Amanda Brown. With all of these great things in mind, I was eager to get to know him more through an interview.

This is Coach Troy Brown first year coaching the golf team. His amazing coaching helped the Sailors win their match against Mayfield. Image courtesy of Marymount Athletics.

Q: How long have you been coaching at Marymount?

A: Since November 2015

Q: What do you like about Marymount athletics?

A: That it is academics before athletics. 

Q: Are you looking forward to coaching your daughter this upcoming softball season?

A: Yes, I am very excited that she will be trying out for the team along with several of her classmates. 

Q: Do you have a favorite memory coaching at Marymount?

A: Winning back-to-back CIF Academic Achievement Awards.

Q: If you had any advice for future sailors who are looking to join an athletic team, what would it be?

A: Don’t just focus on one sport, try a couple and take time to make friends and enjoy your time at Marymount.

Coach Troy Brown is an integral program in Marymount Athletics, and we really appreciate his amazing coaching in both golf and softball!