A Review of Marymount’s First Fall Concert

Sara Yermian, Staff Writer

Hey Sailors! Marymount held its first fall concert earlier this November, as many of you are already aware, and it was a memorable experience. Other concerts for the Performing Arts have been held in the past, but only at the end of the semester in December. This year, many of us worked very hard to put this event together, whether in dance, choir, or orchestra. So in response, I thought it would be appropriate to provide a breakdown and review of all the Performing Arts disciplines in Marymount’s first-ever fall concert!

Choir: The Marymount Choir’s performance in the fall concert had been highly anticipated leading up to the show, due to their notable teaser of songs such as Baba Yetu during Open House, and other events. All I can say is that the Marymount Choir did not disappoint, with a wide variety of song selections performed, such as the opening song, I Put A Spell On You, and the eye-watering, Water Under The Bridge performance. Overall, I can say I am not alone when I tell you I am excited for what the Marymount choir will sing next!

Above is the Marymount Choir during their stunning performance in Marymount’s first fall concert. Credits: Marymount High School

Dance: Marymount Dance has always been a popular program filled with talented and dedicated dancers. Anyone would say that the Marymount Dance discipline faced a challenge this year because Cantwell (their usual rehearsal location) was closed for most of the semester due to construction. Despite this, everyone in the Dance classes and CAP Dance did an outstanding job putting on entertaining, creative, and show-stopping performances. Marymount Dance held a well-thought-out, and dazzling performance, with choreography to various songs such as Dolly Parton’s well-known, 9 To 5, Formula by Labrinth, and much more!

Above is Marymount Dance during their dazzling, Black and Gold Performance. Credits: Marymount High School

Orchestra: As a member of the Marymount CAP orchestra I can say that our preparation time was cut short, due to the moved-up concert date and the absence of an Orchestra class aside from CAP. With that being said, I can wholeheartedly say everyone in the Orchestra worked hard on their assigned parts and worked together as a team. With festive pieces such as An Anthem for Thanksgiving and the heartwarming, Remember Me trio performance, arranged by Clover Park (a senior at Marymount), the CAP orchestra provided a performance designed to get us ready for the holidays

Above the Marymount Orchestra during Marymount’s Fall Concert, getting everyone prepared for the Holidays. Credits: Marymount High School

As fall comes to an end and we prepare for the holidays, I hope this year’s fall concert gave you a boost of hope for the winter season, whether you were a performer or in the audience. We all faced challenges this year in putting this event together due to construction, but we persevered and produced a fantastic event. I am very excited to see what each Performing Arts discipline will bring to the Spring concert;  I wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!