Workout Facilities and Programs in L.A.

Courtesy of www.nsucurrent.nova.edu

Courtesy of www.nsucurrent.nova.edu

Courtesy of www.nsucurrent.nova.edu

Nadya Lattanzi ‘20, Staff Writer

In Los Angeles, there are many ways to stay active through different types of workout facilities and classes. The city itself maintains the modern fitness-craze, as is represented by all of the different workout facilities available to us. We all should take advantage of what’s available to us in the fitness realm – then, we can lead a healthy lifestyle and have more fun!

For one, Orangetheory Fitness offers beneficial cardiovascular and strength training workouts that are introduced through series of intervals. The machines used during each class include treadmills, suspension unit systems, weights, bikes, and striders.

Pure Barre, a “barre studio,” is another great workout option. In every session at Pure Barre, an instructor leads an hour-long class through series of activities that usually work with your legs or abs. The use of the ballet barre makes for a creative workout.

Soulcycle, perhaps one of the most popular cycling classes, is an intense cardio workout that exercises your arms, abs, and legs. The instructors use music and encouragement to motivate riders to try their hardest throughout the forty-five-minute class. The riders use weights, do push-ups, and stretches – all while on the bike!

Yogaworks, a yoga class, is a more relaxing form of exercising that highlights maximizing flexibility and achieving a greater level of spirituality. You can choose from plenty of different levels when scheduling their class – so, no fear if you are a beginner! The classes normally consist of various stretches and forms of meditation.

For those who wish to have greater control over their exercise regimen, there is always the option of a local gym. LA Fitness is an excellent gym that contains various types of equipment that can also be found in other exercise classes.

Box N’ Burn is a boxing studio where individuals can learn how to defend themselves while also benefiting from a strenuous workout. Instructors will guide boxers through various exercises, ensuring that they get the most out of the class.

For those interested in dance, the dance studio Moore Dancing is an exciting yet challenging exercise class. Moore Dancing encourages dancers to put all of their effort into each class with the help of motivating instructors.

There are plenty of different types of workout opportunities in Los Angeles and no reason why we should not take advantage of them!

The following image displays a Pure Barre class.

Courtesy of www.nsucurrent.nova.edu

This photo illustrates one of the exercises done during an Orangetheory class.

Courtesy of www.mymercerisland.net